The primary purpose of the Indian Springs Village Association is to promote the health, safety, common good and welfare of the residents of the Village and to aid, benefit and promote plans and recommendations relating to the physical, social or cultural development of The Woodlands. We are a voluntary, elected Board and one of our functions is to recognize and promote good citizenship and community service by awarding tuition scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each.
To be eligible for the ISVA Community Service Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Currently reside in the Village of Indian Springs
- Be a graduating Senior (or home schooled) or recent high school graduate
- Plan to attend an institution of higher learning (2 or 4 year or vocational) in fall 2016
- Truthfully complete and timely submit the attached application
The scholarships will be awarded primarily on community service and citizenship, so please provide very specific descriptions of your service to community. Other factors, including academics will be considered only secondarily. This scholarship honors those who have chosen to serve their community, though the type of service is not limited in any way. Please be expansive.
There are several dates to keep in mind.
- 2016 graduates must submit complete applications at a time designated by their College Counselor for ISVA pick-up at the school on March 21, 2016 before COB.
- All other applicants must mail completed applications to: Indian Springs Village Association; ATTN: Scholarship Committee; P.O. Box 130291; Spring, TX 77393 postmarked on or before March 21, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email on or before April 4, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients and their guests will briefly attend the ISVA Board meeting on April 12, 2016 to be recognized. Photos for publicity will be taken that evening as well.
- You may also be recognized at your school’s awards ceremony in May 2016.
Indian Springs Village Association Scholarship Committee
A powerpoint presentation regading current community transportation issues and direction is available for download and viewing by clicking on this link Transportation Update.
The primary purpose of The Village of Indian Springs Association (ISVA) is to promote the health, safety, common good and welfare of the residents of ISVA and to aid, benefit and promote plans and recommendations relating to the physical, social or cultural development of ISVA.